The custom pillow covers are made from unique vintage wedding bed covers, a traditional in the past dowry among Dong ethnic people living in Southwest China. Like Katazome (型染め) resist dyeing method in Japan, the design patterns of the fabrics were created using resist dyeing with a soybean flour paste mixture through a hand-carved stencil on hand-spun cotton fabrics. Exquisite dot-dot geometric patterns and flowers symbolize happiness and prosperity.
Dimensions + Specs
- Size: Approx. 16″x24″, 20″ x 20″, 22”x22” with +/-1″ var.
- Material: 100% cotton(front) with 100% linen backing
- Color: Indigo, hand-dyed with natural indigo
- One of a kind, each item features unique variations in color shades and patterns
- Hidden-zipper closure
- Pillow cover designed and sewed in the US
- Pillow insert sold separately
- Care: Dry clean only.